This Week@Georgetown is a twice-weekly events newsletter (Sunday and Wednesday) that informs the Main and Medical Campus communities (faculty, students and staff) of upcoming broad-interest university-sponsored events and lectures.Back to Top
Event Inclusion Criteria
This Week@Georgetown is intended to share university-sponsored, general-interest academic and community lectures and dialogues. Please note the following criteria for inclusion:
- Events must have an approved events page on the Georgetown Events Calendar. Submit a request through this form.
- Events must be general-interest and intended for a broad audience (expected 100+ attendees).
- Events must have an official university entity as a sponsor (e.g. schools, departments, programs, institutes, centers, offices, initiatives).
- Student-organized events are not included in This Week@Georgetown, but can be shared and promoted through several other channels.
- Each This Week@Georgetown edition will include events taking place over the next eight (8) calendar days (for example, the Sunday edition will include events occurring Monday through the following Tuesday). You are welcome to submit your event earlier, but only events taking place over the next 8 days will be included in each edition. That means that your event can be included in multiple newsletter editions for greater awareness if submitted early. (For example, you submit an event taking place on Tuesday, November 15 by the Thursday, Nov. 3 deadline – this event will appear in the Nov. 6, Nov. 9, and Nov. 13 editions).
- Departmental/program-level events, such as major/minor/program/fellowship information sessions, departmental lectures, and dissertation defenses, are not included in This Week@Georgetown should be routed through school-level communications teams.
Submitting Your Event
To request inclusion of your event in This Week@Georgetown:
- Create your event page on the Georgetown Events Calendar.
- When your event page is approved, you can now submit your request through the This Week@Georgetown Submission Form. Your event submission should include:
- Your hyperlink to the event Please complete this process before submitting.
- Event date
- Event time
- Event title
- Event host(s)
- Brief event description (50 words or less – recommend focusing on description of key speakers and topic)
Please note that This Week@Georgetown is only sent to students, faculty and staff on the Main and Medical Campuses; the School of Continuing Studies and Georgetown Law have separate processes for distributing event-related messages.
If you are sharing information about a multi-event series, please coordinate with Audrey Lee, internal communications manager, at email@example.com.Back to Top
When to Submit Your Request
You must submit your event by the following times for inclusion in the Sunday or Wednesday editions:
- For Sunday edition – submit by Thursday at 5 p.m.
- For Wednesday edition – submit by Monday at 5 p.m.
This Week@Georgetown includes events occurring over the following eight (8) days. If you submit your event early, events can be included in up to three separate editions of the newsletter (For example, you submit an event taking place on Tuesday, November 15 by the Thursday, Nov. 3 deadline – this event will appear in the Nov. 6, Nov. 9, and Nov. 13 editions).Back to Top
- Your event page on the Georgetown Events Calendar must provide a disability accommodation request contact and deadline in advance of your event.
- For virtual events, live captions may be required if the audience is expected to exceed 200 people, or if live captions are requested. When planning your event, be sure to follow Georgetown’s accessibility guidelines, including those for Zoom Live Events.
- We advise setting up a Zoom webinar room rather than a regular Zoom meeting to help avoid “Zoom bombing.” Setting up an RSVP form and sending the meeting link only to those who registered is another way to help protect your virtual event.