We’d like to alert you to additional virtual and in-person drop-in sessions with CAPS clinicians and clinicians affiliated with Georgetown’s Counseling and Psychiatric Service (CAPS) this week. CAPS provides group and individual counseling sessions, as well as workshops on common concerns such as anxiety, mindfulness and meditation.
If you or another student are experiencing a mental health emergency, please call 202-687-6985, through which a menu of options can direct you to our emergency consultation line. For any emergency, students can also call the Georgetown University Police Department (GUPD) at 202-687-4343, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To learn more about resources that support your mental and emotional well-being, we also encourage you to visit the www.Georgetown.edu/EveryHoyaCares page.
All Georgetown students can also access HoyaWell/Timely Care which lets you talk to a mental health professional from your smartphone or any web-enabled device through a video or voice visit. There are three available services:
- TalkNow: 24/7, on-demand access to mental health support to talk about anything at any time through phone or video messaging
- Scheduled Counseling: scheduled options to meet with a licensed counselor
- Psychiatry: scheduled options to meet with a licensed psychiatrist, available through CAPS referral
April 10 – 14 Virtual Drop-in Sessions:
This week’s CAPS virtual drop-in sessions are 30 minutes long and begin every half hour. A virtual waiting room has been set up for students as they wait for their session. The drop-in sessions are individual sessions, but if a group of friends would like to be seen together, they can also utilize the drop-in sessions.
Tuesday, April 11: 7:30 – 9 p.m. with Dr. Kathryn Castle (Zoom Link)
- Wednesday, April 12: 1 – 3 p.m. with Dr. Rashanta Bledman (Zoom Link)
- Wednesday, April 12: 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. with Dr. Stacey Jackson-Lampley (Zoom Link)
- Wednesday, April 12: 6 – 8 p.m. with Ms. Laura Jones M.S., Ed.S. (Google Meet Link)
- Thursday, April 13: 6 – 8 p.m. with Ms. Laura Jones M.S., Ed.S. (Google Meet Link)
- Friday, April 14: 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. with Ms. Schwanna Cockerham-Qualls, M.A. (Zoom Link)
April 10 – 14 In-Person Drop-in Hours at CAPS:
The drop-in sessions are individual sessions but if a group of friends would like to be seen together, they can also use the drop-in sessions. All sessions will be conducted at CAPS.
- Wednesday, April 12: 1 – 3 p.m.
- Thursday, April 13: 1 – 3 p.m.
- Friday, April 14: 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Dr. Eleanor JB Daugherty, EdD
Vice President for Student Affairs
Kathryn Castle, PhD
Assistant Vice President for Student Health