WHAT: Cybersecurity practitioners including those from Amazon, Google, Comcast, Microsoft and many others join top policy makers for “State of Cyber” to address the most pressing challenges in the field today. The one day symposium is on Thursday, Nov. 14 at Georgetown University’s School of Continuing Studies.
Topics for the symposium include the state of our cybersecurity, challenges faced by different parts of the cybersecurity ecosystem, end-point security with a focus on the internet of things to highlight government and private sector efforts to protect the edge, security for younger adults, network security, us security, and others.
This event marks the official launch of the new Cyber SMART Research Center, the new multidisciplinary cyber research center at Georgetown University.
More information and an agenda of events can be viewed here.
- Mark Ryland – Director, Office of the CISO, Amazon Web Services Security
- Edna Conway – Chief Security Officer, Global Value Chain, Cisco
- Eugene Liderman – Director, Security Strategy, Google Inc.
- Nancy Davoust – Vice President, Security Architecture, Identity, Authentication, and Access Management, Comcast Cable
- Ann Johnson – Corporate Vice President, Cybersecurity Solutions Group, Microsoft
- Nasrin Rezai – Chief Information Security and Product Security Officer, General Electric
- Rep. Jim Langevin (D-RI) – Chairman of the House Armed Services Subcommittee on Intelligence and Emerging Threats and Capabilities
- Bennie Thompson (D-MS) – Chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security
- Bradford Wilke – Assistant Director, Stakeholder Engagement, U.S. Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency
WHEN: 8:45 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Thursday, November 14, 2019
WHERE: Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies
640 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001
RSVP: Media who are interested in attending the event should register using the registration link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-state-of-cyber-tickets-77731122881. For additional questions contact the Georgetown University’s Office of Strategic Communications at (202) 687-4328 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cyber SMART or Security, Management, Applications, Regulation, and Training, is a multi-discipline collaborative Industry/University cyber research center at Georgetown University. Established this year, the center is revolutionizing cyber research and expanding understanding of all aspects of cyber in the U.S. and internationally through industry/university multi-disciplinary collaboration. More information on Cyber SMART can be found at cybersmart.georgetown.edu.
About Georgetown University:
Established in 1789 by Archbishop John Carroll, Georgetown is the oldest Catholic and Jesuit university in the United States. Located in Washington DC, Doha, Qatar, and around the world, Georgetown University is a leading academic and research institution, offering a unique educational experience that prepares the next generation of global citizens to lead and make a difference in the world. For more information about Georgetown University, visit Georgetown.edu or connect with Georgetown on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram.