Distinguish, Promote, & Simplify your Research Output with ORCID
Do you have a common name or have published under different name variations and want to ensure that you receive proper credit for all of your scholarly output? Do you want to simplify the process of grant and manuscript submissions and not have to fill out the same fields over and over again? Distinguish yourself and sign up for a ORCID iD!
ORCID, short for Open Researcher and Contributor ID, is an international, not-for-profit organization and they maintain a registry of unique identifiers (iDs) for authors. Signing up for a ORCID iD will help you to disambiguate your research from others and help you retain authority over your work. Additionally, many journal publishers and some funders now require an ORCID iD prior to submission. And, now that GUFaculty360 connects and syncs with ORCID, it’s even easier to keep your publications up-to-date!
During this DML webinar, you’ll learn about the importance of ORCID and how:
- ORCID iDs will help you to regain authority over all of your research;
- ORCID can help simplify some workflows of scholarly communication;
- to quickly add your citations to your ORCID record;
- to keep your GUFaculty360 publications up-to-date with connecting ORCID;
- to use your ORCID iD to generate your NIH Biosketch.
Webinar is only available to affiliates with a georgetown.edu, gunet.georgetown.edu, or medstar.net email address. After a successful registration, you will receive an email with the Zoom webinar information.