In the past two weeks, we have been excited to welcome students back to the Hilltop after a year of mostly virtual learning and a reduced density on campus. Amidst the significant logistical and staffing challenges of COVID-19, we are aware of several campus service issues, and we deeply appreciate your patience and feedback, which has helped us to address these issues.
Please note the updates and reminders below about packages and dining services:
We have experienced unprecedented package volume at the start of this semester. Our staff members are working overtime, including weekends and holidays, to process and sort each package that comes in, but there will be delays between the shipment and your receipt of packages. The team is sorting through more than 3,000 packages per day, and we are working to adjust staffing and capacity. If you have previously received a package notification, please pick up your package ASAP. To help improve service time and reduce waste, please try to purchase items in the same shipment whenever possible.
- When a package arrives, you will receive an email from mailing services telling you the proper pick-up location.
- Hours of operation this week are Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Please check the Mail Services website for new regular hours beginning September 13.
- Students are expected to pick up their package(s) no later than the next business day. If a package has not been picked up within 7 days, we reserve the right to return to the sender.
- Some pick-up notifications will list a Locker Bank location. Locker Banks are located in Leavey Center, Kennedy Hall lobby and LXR lobby, and are accessible 24 hours per day.
- Students receiving Amazon notifications should be aware that your package is not available until you receive a notification from Mail Services or Georgetown Student Lockers. Given the volume of packages, there will likely be a delay. Georgetown is not responsible for Amazon Prime Same-Day Deliveries that are being left at other locations (e.g., residence hall lobbies).
- For heavier packages, dollies and carts are available for check-out at the Leavey Information Desk or the Harbin Key Room.
Meal Plans and Options
Hoya Hospitality continues to make updates to expedite and improve the dining experience for students. We have been tracking delays experienced by some students and adjusting our staffing, technology solutions and offerings accordingly. All stations are open, with many food options including vegetarian, non-dairy and halal options.
We are closely monitoring and responding to student concerns about wait times and density in our dining facilities. The best way to increase your dining options when lines are long is to become familiar with the offerings of your Meal Plan and the many Hoya Hospitality locations available to you. Have questions? Be sure to review the Hoya Hospitality FAQ page. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Leo O’Donovan Hall
Faster GOCard readers have been installed at The Table @ Leo’s and Leo|MKT to allow students to easily tap-and-go with their mobile or physical GOCard. Reusable to-go containers are available at The Table @ Leo’s if you’d prefer to enjoy your meal outside or at your residence. Please sign up for the reusable to-go program to be issued a container. Leo|MKT (upstairs) now utilizes a “meal swipe” rather than a meal exchange at 5Spice, Launch, Sazon, Olive Branch and Bodega Deli. Starting Wednesday, September 8, WHISK Pastry & Bake Shop will also offer a “meal swipe” option.
We encourage everyone who is using the Grubhub platform to please wait until they are notified that their order is ready to come to the dining location to retrieve their order to alleviate lines and decrease building density. You do not need to use Grubhub to use your meal plan; you can use a “meal” by going to dining locations during operating hours and using your GOCard at the location.
Grubhub will be available for orders Monday through Friday. For hours of operation and where Grubhub is able to be used, please refer to our Menus and Hours on hoyaeats.com.
Meal Exchange can be redeemed at participating Hoya Hospitality dining locations. For the first two weeks of the semester, the Meal Exchange functionality on our cash register system was not working properly, and many students had FLEX dollars charged instead of deducting a Meal Exchange as intended. Hoya Hospitality will be working over the next two weeks to process FLEX refunds for mistaken transactions.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to improve our processes across campus
Vice President for Auxiliary Business Services