Dear Faculty and Staff,
Georgetown is collaborating with Safeway Pharmacy to offer vaccine clinics in September and October on the Hilltop and Law Center campuses and at the School of Continuing Studies and 2115 Wisconsin Avenue NW (full schedule below).
We strongly encourage you to get your annual influenza (flu) vaccine and the new COVID-19 vaccine, once it is available, at one of these upcoming clinics or at a pharmacy near you this fall.
At our on-campus clinics, you will be able to get your annual flu vaccination, including the high-dose flu vaccine designed for individuals 65 and older, and, as soon as it is available, the newest formulation of the COVID-19 vaccine. There is no need to space out the flu and COVID-19 vaccines if you are eligible for and planning on getting the latest COVID-19 dose.
You will also be able to get other common vaccinations, such as shingles; pneumonia; and diphtheria, tetanus, and whooping cough (DTaP). Please talk to your health care provider to see which vaccinations are right for you.
Health Insurance Coverage
Please note that you will need to provide your health insurance information at this year’s vaccine clinics. Most health insurance plans cover seasonal flu and COVID-19 vaccines at no cost. Regardless of your insurance plan, flu and COVID-19 vaccines will be available at no cost to you at our on-campus clinics. However, you will be responsible for covering co-pays or costs associated with any vaccines other than flu or COVID-19.
For individuals covered under a Georgetown University-sponsored health plan, you can learn more about getting your vaccine on the following websites:
Scheduling a Vaccination Appointment
You can schedule your vaccination appointment on the Safeway Pharmacy website by following the steps below:
- On the “Vaccine Scheduler” landing page, click “Proceed to Booking.”
- On the next page, enter your date of birth and zip code, and click “Continue.”
- Select the vaccine(s) that you wish to receive, and click “Continue.”
- Select the vaccine clinic location, date and time for your appointment, and click “Continue.”
- Enter your personal information, and click “Continue.” (Note: You will be asked a number of required questions. This information is for Safeway Pharmacy’s use as part of regulatory reporting and will not be shared with Georgetown University.)
- Review your personal information and appointment details, including location, date and time, and provide your immunization consent. Click “Submit” when you are finished, and you will receive a confirmation email.
- Please bring your GOCard and health insurance cards with you to your appointment.
Find a Vaccine Appointment Near You
We hope that you have a healthy and safe fall and winter. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Ranit Mishori, M.D., MHS, FAAFP
Professor of Family Medicine, Vice President and Chief Public Health Officer
Associate Vice President of Benefits and Wellness, Chief Benefits Officer
Schedule of Safeway Pharmacy Vaccine Clinics
- Wednesday, September 13 (COVID-19 vaccine not available): 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Bulldog Alley, Leavey Center)
- Tuesday, September 26: 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Ballroom, Leavey Center)
- Saturday, October 14: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Ballroom, Leavey Center)
- Thursday, October 19: 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Bulldog Alley, Leavey Center)
- Tuesday, October 24: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Ballroom, Leavey Center)
Law Center (Atrium, Hotung Building)
- Monday, September 18: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Thursday, October 5: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 10: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
School of Continuing Studies (2nd Floor Overlook, 640 Massachusetts Avenue NW)
- Tuesday, October 3: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.
2115 Wisconsin Avenue NW (1st Floor) (Faculty/Staff Only)
- Thursday, October 26: 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.