Georgetown’s department of government is considered one of the leading programs in political science in the United States. We offer training in international relations, comparative politics, political theory and American government.
We are a community of theoretically sophisticated and policy-engaged scholars and students who participate in political debates, advise practitioners and disseminate knowledge to scholars, practitioners and the public. A leader in public policy, we prepare students to put policy into practice – in the public, private and nonprofit sectors, and at home and around the world. Our policy reach is wide-ranging and relevant.
To accomplish our mission, we draw on an impressive range of faculty scholars and practitioners. Many of our faculty research today’s most important policy issues, including education, health, unemployment, economic security, international development, energy, while others offer their expert experience as think tank presidents, leaders of nonprofit advocacy organizations, managing directors at the World Bank and other international organizations.
- Master of Arts in Conflict Resolution
- Master of Arts in Democracy and Governance
- Master of Arts in Develop, Management and Policy
- Master of Arts in Government
- Master of Arts in Security Studies
- Master of Policy Management
- Master of Public Policy
- Master of Public Policy/Master of Business Administration (MPP/MBA)
- Master of Public Policy/Ph.D. in Government (MPP/Ph.D.)
- Master of Public Policy/Ph.D. in Psychology (MPP/Ph.D.)
- Master of Public Policy/Juris Doctor (MPP/JD)
- Master of Public Policy/ Master of Science in Foreign Service (MPP/MS)
- Master of Public Policy/International Organizations MBA Dual Degree Program
- Master of Public Policy (Evening)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Government