Policy in Numbers: Quant for Non-Quants
Do you want to be able to assess for yourself quantitative studies submitted in proceedings or performed by your own experts? Are you without quantitative training, or is your quantitative training out of date?
While these studies may seem inscrutable, with a crash course in the basics, you can make a high level critique of most studies. This course aims to equip non-quantitative policy makers with the tools they need to work in the new world of quantitative work and big data.
This course will be delivered virtually via two-hour live sessions, over the course of five days.
Faculty: Andrew Wise
By the end of the class, students will be able to:
- Understand the basics of quantitative analysis;
- Critique quantitative studies for major deficiencies typically present;
- Supervise quantitative staff working on or summarizing quantitative studies in a variety of contexts;
- Contribute constructively to quantitative work used in policy making; and
- Understand whether further study in quantitative methods is for you.