Data Repositories from DML
Funding agents such as the National Science Foundation (NSF) and National Institutes of Health (NIH), have implemented requirements for investigators to engage in open science initiatives as a requirement for funding grant proposals. An important component of these public access initiatives is the requirement that data generated from funding provided by NIH, NSF and other agencies be made available in publicly accessible data repositories. Participants will gain knowledge and experience in sharing data via general data and discipline-specific data repositories.
In this workshop, participants will learn:
- Criteria for assessing data repositories.
- Review of repositories suggested by NIH and NSF.
- How to search for general and discipline-specific data repositories.
- Review of http://FAIRsharing.org standards, databases and policies.
- How to upload and share data using the Zenodo general data repository sandbox.
Open to all GUMC affiliates with a georgetown.edu, gunet.gerogetown.edu, or medstar.net email address. The Zoom link will be provided prior to event.