Art as Liberation Panel – A Dialogue with Creative Educators
Join a dialogue with artist-educators who are working in their communities to uplift the voices of marginalized youth. Learn about how art and social justice interact with education, inside and outside of the classroom, and why artistic expression is a key tool for education as liberation.
- Raven Gibbs, Founder and CEO, Mindfulness Movement, MS Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Jayshana Roper, Poet/Artist/Activist, The Last Poet
- Martin Krafft, M.F.A., Co-Founder of Snowflakes; District Field Director, Progressive Turnout Project
- Elena Makansi, M.F.A., Co-Founder of Snowflakes
- Isaiah Aladejobi, B.F.A., Visual Communicator, Pzay the Creative
- Jessica Lee (G’21), CSJ’s Assistant Director, Newcomer and Immigrant Community Engagement
No RSVP required. Click here for Zoom link.This event is hosted by the Center for Social Justice. Questions to Shanelle Roberson (G’21), CSJ’s Program Manager, After School Kids (ASK) Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is part of the Center for Social Justice Education for Liberation Week.