Georgetown provides a strong network of diversity-related resources and services to support its campus community. Faculty, staff and administrators collaborate with students to foster a welcoming and inclusive community.
- The Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity & Affirmative Action (IDEAA) partners with students, faculty and university leaders to achieve justice and equality in educational and employment opportunities, and leads efforts to create an inclusive academic and work environment. The Office of Affirmative Action Programs, an Initiative on Diversity and Inclusiveness and faculty hiring procedures are part of IDEAA, which also offers counseling, accommodations under the American Disabilities Act and educational programs. IDEAA also reaches out to small, local disadvantaged businesses.
- The Diversity Action Council creates and sponsors diversity-related programming on campus and also serves as a resource for information. The council includes students, faculty, staff and administrators. The council seeks to establish an academic community and campus environment that assures that each member of the Georgetown community is able to develop intellectually, physically, socially and spiritually without impediment.
- The Center for Multicultural Equity and Access promotes educational excellence and racial equality at Georgetown by serving African American, Latino, Asian American and Native American students. Its staff provides academic guidance, personal mentoring and opportunities to explore diversity through educational and social programming on campus. Its Community Scholars Program, for example, offers financial, academic and personal support to first-year students representing diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds and are often the first in their families to attend college.
- The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) Resource Center provides education, programming, support services and a voice for students, faculty, staff and alumni of all sexual orientations and gender identities. The center helps community members understand sexual orientation and gender identity in the context of the many elements of a person’s identity. It seeks to establish a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment for LGBTQ community members and promote better understanding and integration within the entire campus community.
- The Women’s Center supports, educates and empowers women of all cultures, races, sexual orientations and ages and provide a safe environment while respecting women's abilities, spirituality and differences. It provides both male and female students, faculty and staff with information, services and programs that address matters of concern to women. The center celebrates women’s achievements, works to end discrimination and promotes social justice on campus and throughout the world.