International Engagement in Cyberspace
The International Engagement in Cyberspace conference, sponsored by Institute for Law, Science, and Global Security, sought to promote a dialogue among U.S. and foreign policymakers, academics and key industry stakeholders in cyberspace, as the global community grows increasingly interconnected in this domain.
The conference began with a keynote address by General Brent Scowcroft, former U.S. National Security Advisor, and a panel on national security, law enforcement, and deterrence.
The panel on national security, law enforcement, and deterrence featured:
- Panel Chair: General Michael Hayden (Ret.), Principal, Chertoff Group and Former Director of National Security Agency and Central Intelligence Agency
- Congressman Mac Thornberry, U.S. Congress, House of Representatives (R-TX 13), Chairman, Armed Services Subcommittee on Emerging Threats and Capabilities
- Wing Commander Thomas Parkhouse, Cyber Security Staff Officer, Ministry of Defence UK
- Lieutenant General Charles Croom (Ret.), Vice President of Cyber Security Solutions, Lockheed Martin and Former Director, Defense Information Systems Agency
- Mr. Richard Roberts, Head of Information Security Branch, Interpol
- Mr. Shawn Henry, Executive Assistant Director, Criminal, Cyber, Response, and Services Branch, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Mr. Shawn Bray, Deputy Director, Interpol Washington