Founder: Archbishop John Carroll, S.J.
Religious affiliation: Catholic, Jesuit
President: John J. DeGioia
Motto: Utraque Unum (both into one)
Board of Directors chair: Paul Tagliabue
Size of Main Campus: 54 buildings on 104 acres
Colors: Blue and Gray
Nickname: The Hoyas
Cheer: Hoya Saxa (What Rocks)
Mascot: Jack the Bulldog
Schools within the University:
- Georgetown College
- Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service
- Georgetown Law
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Robert E. McDonough School of Business
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing and Health Studies
- School for Continuing Studies
Library holdings: More than 2.3 million volumes
Research Funding: $166.5 million in research and development expenditures (FY09)
Faculty (Fall 2009)
Enrollment (Fall 2009)
Student-Faculty Ratio: 10 to 1
Gender (undergraduate): 55 percent female, 45 percent male
International students: 1,882 representing 134 countries
Degrees Awarded (2008-09)
|First Professional Degrees||864|
- Georgetown University practices need-blind admissions --applicants are considered for admission without regard to their ability to pay or their need for financial assistance.
- Georgetown offers need-based financial aid to meet 100 percent of the demonstrated financial need of eligible students.
- Each year, more than 55 percent of undergraduate students at Georgetown receive some form of financial assistance, and 41 percent of undergraduates receive Georgetown grant aid.
The following images are available for use if approved by the Georgetown Office of Communications. To request a high resolution version, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the image.