Are you active on campus and love to be on camera? Do you know Georgetown really well and want to share your experiences with parents, prospective students, and alumni? Consider applying to be a student vlogger for the Georgetown community! We are looking for current students whose stories will be shared via social media for the entire academic year. Using scripting, videotaping, photography, editing, and captioning, you will use your smartphone to document your activities and experiences here at Georgetown. This position is a perfect opportunity to add a cumulative body of work to your portfolio that is everything Georgetown. Any experience with web development (WordPress or similar) or social media is a plus, but not required to apply.
This is a paid position, please read the full position description and requirements here.
Application Requirements (due August 15th):
- Three short (under 30 seconds) sample videos. This can be an interview, a tour of your favorite spot, a narration of an activity, anything you want. At least one of these videos should be of you facing and talking directly to the camera. These do not have to be filmed on campus.
- Three sample photos, can use filters or other modifications.
- A written statement about yourself and your Georgetown story (250 words).
To submit your work:
- Please upload all of your samples and written statement into a single folder on Google Drive. Create an additional document with titles and captions for your videos and photos that could be used to post them to social media.
- Share the entire folder with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any materials submitted as part of this process become property of Georgetown University.