Designing the Future(s) of the University: The Design Process
The Designing the Future(s) of the University Initiative will stage a series of connected events that facilitate conversation and innovation on how we deliver education. We will build a design vision over the next months from three overlapping sites of activity:
- Exploration of issues facing higher education with thought leaders.
- Engagement of the whole Georgetown community in asking fundamental questions:
- What do we value about Georgetown we don’t want to lose?
- Looking at the future, what do we believe we owe our students?
- What could it look like to expand the formal boundaries of education?
- Experimentation with new ways to live out our educational mission, focusing especially on innovative large-scale experiments that rethink traditional boundaries of space and time for delivering education. Through this process, we will develop new combinations of face-to-face, online and experiential learning through “design labs” held on our campuses and in various other cities beginning in Summer 2014.