YES! I support Georgetown University's Campus Plan!
A modest plan to address strategic priorities that meet our mission
and allow us to strengthen our position as a world class university
I support the investments Georgetown is making to improve the quality of life in the neighborhoods around the university.
- Collected more than 120 tons of trash off neighborhood streets this school year on twice daily trash patrols.
- Increased partnership with DC police to put 7 officers on neighborhood streets Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
I support the economic contributions Georgetown is making to Washington, D.C.
- Paid approximately $175 million in wages and salaries to D.C. employees last year.
- Spent approximately $86 million last year on the purchase of goods and services in D.C.
- Employ more than 9,800 faculty and staff; 40% are D.C. residents.
I support the work of Georgetown students, faculty and staff who contribute their time and talents outside the Healy gates.
- Helping hundreds of D.C. students in D.C. public schools through college prep and tutoring programs.
- Working to improve literacy for low-income immigrant families.
I support Georgetown's efforts to engage neighbors by listening to their concerns and responding appropriately.
- Created new shuttle to and from M Street on weekend nights, safely transporting more than 9,300 students so far this school year.
- Proposed alternative to "loop road" concept to centralize University shuttles on campus, away from neighborhood streets.
Please use my name to show support for Georgetown University.