Liberal and Professional Studies
The Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies (SCS) fulfills the university’s tradition of academic excellence by offering applied and innovative educational programs that prepare students to lead in their fields and serve in greater society.
The SCS offers the Master of Professional Studies degree in eight majors: emergency and disaster management, human resources management, journalism, public relations and corporate communications, real estate, sports industry management, technology management and urban and regional planning. The school also offers the Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies program—the university’s only part-time bachelor’s program—as well as the Master of Arts in Liberal Studies and Doctor of Liberal Studies programs. Non-credit professional certificate programs, the paralegal studies program and executive and custom education are offered through the school’s Center for Continuing and Professional Education.
Most of the school’s programs offer part-time and full-time enrollment options and most courses are scheduled on weekday evenings or on Saturdays to accommodate working professionals. The SCS provides the knowledge, faculty and resources for students, professionals and community members to meet their personal and professional goals./p>
- Master of Professional Studies in Emergency and Disaster Management
- Master of Professional Studies in Human Resources Management
- Master of Professional Studies in Journalism
- Master of Professional Studies in Public Relations and Corporate Communications
- Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate
- Master of Professional Studies in Sports Industry Management
- Master of Professional Studies in Technology Management
- Master of Professional Studies in Urban and Regional Planning
- Master of Arts in Liberal Studies
- Doctor of Liberal Studies
- Certificate in Business Administration
- Certificate in Corporate Finance
- Certificate in Diversity Strategy and Inclusion Management
- Certificate in Forensic Accounting
- Certificate in Leadership Coaching
- Certificate in Marketing
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies
- Certificate in Project Management
The Center for Continuing and Professional Education offers more than 25 professional certificate programs in diverse fields, including business management, finance and accounting, leadership coaching and development, marketing and communications and technology, among others.